The Big Show: Season 2, Show #3
The third installment of the second season of The Big Show included a truck load of new music, including new rockin’ pop by Daniel Wylie’s Cosmic Rough Riders, Nick Piunti, DC Cardwell, Lannie Flowers, The Weeklings, The See See, The Explorers Club (doing a live cover of The Zombies’ “Tell Her No), Tenterhooks and Watts.
Perennial favorites — XTC, Elvis Costello, Teenage Fanclub and Big Star — also were on tap, as was a bit of Alt-County via Lucinda Williams and Golden Smog.
The complete track list appears below the embed. Turn it up loud, and tune in frequently to Pop That Goes Crunch radio, spinning the finest slices of melodic rock ‘n roll released over the past seven decades.
1. Daniel Wylie’s Cosmic Rough Riders, “Another Wasted Day”
2. Nick Piunti, “It’s A Trap”
3. Ryan Allen & His Extra Arms, “Keep Me Around”
4. DC Cardwell, “The Sun, The Moon, The Stars”
5. XTC, “The World Is Full Of Angry Young Men”
6. The Power Cords, “Luxetine Dreams”
7. Chuck Oney, “Dear Miss Roberts”
8. Elvis Costello & The Attractions, “Lip Service”
9. Lannie Flowers, “Radio Sweetheart”
10. King Kartel, “Run”
11. The Turnback, “Beyond Belief”
12. The Slapbacks, “Looking For The Magic”
13. The Weeklings, “Breathing Underwater”
14. The See See, “The Rain & The Snow”
15. The Explorers Club, “Tell Her No”
16. Coke Belda, “Looking For”
17. Marjorie Cardwell, “When We Both Fell Down”
18. The Byrds, “Lady Friend”
19. Teenage Fanclub, “Nowhere”
20. Big Star, “You Get What You Deserve”
21. Gretchen’s Wheel, “Why Try”
22. Lucinda Williams, “Side Of The Road”
23. Golden Smog, “V”
24. Tenterhooks, “Lucy”
25. Watts, “Trick”
The sun has just started shining in the UK for the first time this year and this is perfect as a soundtrack. Lovely stuff!
I’m glad you liked it. Another will be posted in the near future.
Just finished listening to the mix. Some new things I will check out – Watts, Gretchen’s Wheel, Nick Piunti
Great stuff. Watts and Gretchen’s Wheel are also in the prior show. Nick Piunti is also in the next one to be posted.
I can see your mixes being a soundtrack to my summer!
Thanks! I’ll probably do a “summer” show at the beginning of summer.
I look forward to it
Just added you via my Sonos. Easy peasy!
Coincidentally Sonos have just launched Beta testing on Mixcloud. Just listening in the kitchen whilst having dinner
I hope I provided some enjoyable dinner music.
Thanks for spinning The Sun, The Moon, The Stars and also Marjorie’s song!