Top 10 EPs of 2015
Andy Reed is a perennial on this blog, whether as a solo artist, a producer, a sound engineer or as a member of The Legal Matters, who grabbed the top slot on my list of the best albums of 2014. It is therefore fitting that his 2015 EP, Relay Vol. 1 captures the top slot of my list of the finest EPs of 2015. Relay is five songs, perfectly conceived and executed, beautifully sung and played. There is no excuse at all not to get it.
The other nine EPs that made my 2015 list fit snugly within the rockin’ pop genre dissected throughout this blog. The Crush, The Persian Leaps and The Foreign Films return from my 2014 list. Yorktown Lads have the distinction of making my top EPs and top LP lists with a pair of fine late-2014 releases.
Links are provided for your sampling, streaming and purchasing pleasure.
1. Andy Reed — Relay Vol. 1
2. Jeff Litman — Primetime
3. The Foreign Films — The Record Collector (Side 3)
4. Yorktown Lads — $200 EP
5. Chris Richards and the Subtractions — 3Peat -That Covers That (3)
6. Persian Leaps — High & Vibrate
7. The Crush — Someone For You
8. Hidden Pictures — California Plates
9. Herb Eimerman — Five Dimensional Man
10. Jay Gonzalez — The Bitter Suite